Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Feeling safe

How Much Risk Can We Take ?

“You asked “What will it take to make us feel safe?” [Aug.21] I would feel safe if Britain detached itself from U.S. foreign policy; if the West and Israel stopped bombing and humiliating the Arab states; if the Palestinians were given their own state and it was supported by the West to the same degree as the state of Israel is supported; if we stopped demonizing Iran and Syria; if we opened a meaningful and respectful dialogue with the states of the Middle East; if we stopped supporting corrupt Arab regimes; if Britain and America stopped their gun-running activities; and if Muslim leaders in Britain were making it sufficiently clear in the public forum that the taking of any human life is evil.


JIM MCCLUSKEY

Twickenham, England

In Time magazine, September 25, 2006, p.8

6 Comments:

At Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would feel safe too, but it's never going to happen...I am too pessimistic

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Jaafar said...

So pleased to read your comments again!

How are you? Where are you? Where were you?

I was hopelessly looking and waiting for you...

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was busy and I had the flu so I was sick too.

I thought I blabbed too much on your blog, and that I should take a break because I had a feeling you were bored of me or something...=0

So how are you? How's university?

Ramadan Kareem!! Pray for me during this month, and ask your God to make my life better please...=)

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Jaafar said...

Come on! Please don't say that again!

It's such a nice pleasure to have you around, even virtually, and reading from you provides a valuable knowledge.

I'm doing well both in life and at the university.

Keep up the good job -being yourself.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad all is well with you.
I am actually fasting, can you believe it? =P I didn't think I'll last the first day, I was so hungry..hehe

Take Care

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Jaafar said...

لَعُمري كم سيُسعدني وَ يُشَرِّ فُنِي أن تُلَبِّي دعوتي و تقتسمين وجبة الإفطار في كُوخي المُتَواضِع.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by IP2Location.com Locations of visitors to this page